What Is A Public Adjuster?
Public adjusters are state licensed professionals that work on behalf of the policyholders, to represent their interests in the claim process following a property loss. Unlike the insurance adjusters that work directly or on a contract basis for the insurance company, a public adjuster’s interests are aligned with those of the insureds. When hired by the homeowner or business owners to represent them in the property damage claim process, the public adjusters’ only mission is to get the best settlement for their client.
There are 3 types of adjusters:
- Insurance adjusters – hired by insurance companies. Following your property loss, the insurance company sends its adjuster to assess the property losses. The adjuster estimates your property loss on behalf of the insurance company.
- Independent adjusters – can be hired by insurance companies on a contractual basis.
- Public adjusters – only work on behalf of the policyholder to help them maximize the settlement.
What Public Adjusters Do
You may think that, after you suffer a property loss, the insurance company will jump to your rescue and pay for all your losses right away. The reality is, in fact, very different.
It is the policyholder’s responsibility to prove the losses and the extent of the damages. Also, the policyholder has some legal obligations, such as filing the claim by a specific date and providing proper documentation. If these conditions are not met, the insurance company may reject the claim or approve only a partial payment.
Our public adjusters help the insureds through the entire claim process, by:
- evaluating the insurance policy and establishing the best strategy for the success of the claim;
- preparing a detailed inventory of the losses and substantiating every aspect of the claim, thus making it hard to be rejected by the insurance company;
- filing the claim with your insurer and work as your advocate at all meetings
- negotiate with the insurance company through the entire process;
- get you the best possible settlement for your claim, with infinitely less stress and hassle for you.
Why Should I Hire A Public Adjuster?
Insurance industry statistics show that homeowners that hire public adjusters get higher settlements (sometimes even three to five times higher). Thus, hiring a public adjuster who works on your behalf will help you get a better settlement, in a shorter amount of time, and with far less hassle.
What Does It Cost To Hire A Public Adjuster?
You don’t have to pay for the public adjuster from your own pocket. Public adjusters get a small percentage of your settlement, usually under 10%. A public adjuster’s interests are directly aligned with yours – we get paid only if the insurance company pays your claim.